Hello all Arachne friends,

I want to give you a short view of what happens in Spain. Here the lace
making "boom" started later than in UK or USA (as I can guess from your
messages). Although lace has been made for ages here, in the last decades
only old women did it or remembered how to make it. I started making lace
around the 90's, and I could buy no books, no patterns... I couldn't even
find a teacher. Internet was just starting here in private homes. But now
things have changed completely. Almost every town offers lessons of bobbin
lace and also lace meetings. In fact, now there are so many lace meetings,
that you have to think to which one to go. These lace meetings also bring
vendors, and it is our occasion to buy all we can't buy in our local shops:
threads, bobbins and pillows, books... I don't know if the vendors are
satisfied with how much they sell, I can only give you the opinion of myself
as a lace maker. And I like lacedays because I can buy what I need or want.
But, on the other hand, I think there are too many lace days. I always
choose one or two, the ones I think will be more interesting for me. And I
really enjoy them
Will this boom perhaps decline soon? I will see.

Greetings to all

Antje González, in Guadalajara, Spain
http://antje.gonzalez.iespana.es/