The IOLI has encountered this style question as well and has gone with  
lacemaker and lacemaking. Another  English language style issue which needs  
resolution in an official lace style manual is whether the plural of lace is  
lace 
or laces. Also, at issue, is the word reticello or reticella. I could go on  
and on. I figure that since we write about it all the time, we are the ones to  
set the style, not other entities.
Devon
 
 
In a message dated 3/18/2009 4:45:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email protected] writes:

I prefer  lacemaker rather than two separate words.

I googled both lacemaker and  lace maker. Lacemaker - no problem. Lace maker 
I got "Did you mean to  search for: lacemaker "

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK

-
To  unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the  line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write  to
[email protected]

**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433363x1201394532/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B212935224%3B34245239%3Bb)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to