I have no problem with "The Laces of the Robber Barons", as you are speaking
of many pieces & types of lace and several collectors/people who collected
them.  To me the singular 'Lace of the Robber Barons' doesn't sound 'quite'
correct.
  Just my 2 cents worth.  But seeing the program was worth much more than
that!!!

Lorri



  Thank you Robin. It does make sense. I first encountered this problem when
I
  read the Antique Laces of the American Collectors. Then I devised my slide
  show which I called The Laces of the Robber Barons. But the more I said the
  title, the worse it sounded. Now I refer to it as The Lace of the Robber
Barons,
   on the theory that E.B.White, author of the classic American style book,
  said,  that if it doesn't sound right, don't say it. What would you say the
  correct  title of my slide show should be?
  Devon




  [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to