Thank you Robin. It does make sense. I first encountered this problem when  I
read the Antique Laces of the American Collectors. Then I devised my slide
show which I called The Laces of the Robber Barons. But the more I said the
title, the worse it sounded. Now I refer to it as The Lace of the Robber
Barons,
 on the theory that E.B.White, author of the classic American style book,
said,  that if it doesn't sound right, don't say it. What would you say the
correct  title of my slide show should be?
Devon

In a message dated 3/19/2009 1:43:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,