Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread, far too many to
reply to individually, but Noelene the poem is lovely - I've printed it
out to stick into the back of my copy.
I'm pleased that the large majority of you prefer lacemaking as one
word. That's what it has been for the first four editions, and will be
for Ed5.
Re: lacing, I think that's probably an American expression but I have
noticed that some of Terry's birdwatching friends sign emails with
'happy birding' instead of 'happy bird watching', though I suppose that
'birding' could include writing up notes etc whilst bird-watching is
just looking through the binoculars.
And guess what - birdwatching is queried but bird watching is accepted
by Mail!
Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]