From: Francis Busschaert
<francis.busscha...@telenet.be>
To: lace@arachne.com
Sent: Sunday, August 9,
2009 9:43:31 AM
Subject: [lace] our USA ioli adventure part 1

hallo to all
So we went to the USA
I finaly did not take knitting needles on the plane
because i all to well remember that custums and airportsecurity peolpe lac any
kind of "polite" and "frindly comprehensive" caracter
i beleve they are
specialy trained in beeing a **** in the ****. it is at your own imagination
to fill in the ****.
when i finaly was on that plane,
I a was happy not to
have my knittigneedles
there is no place to move around my arms and elbows to
knit......
not whitout hurting the co-passengers anyway
so no knitting

i fly
a lot evry year in europe short cityhoppers  so in and out the plane
and it is
always out of holliday periods
so i forgot how it is when you do travel in
holidayperiods
what it is like to have very small, small and even bigger
children on the plane
or the nonstop blond narative waterfall
or big
dinosoruslike persons next to you or behind you
whom just fit in the chair and
even beyond that chair
and were you have to dwell and survive for 8 painfully
long hours evry airbreeding movement and other fysical  movements
were you
feel the knees of that person alllll to wellll in your back
where you see and
mostly hear the children of parents whom lost the parental battle against
there own monsters a veryyy long time ago
boy o boy i still want children but
that are the moments were you realy think twice....
somehow you seem to not
feel the dinosaur anymore
somehow you seem to not notice the little gremlins
anymore
somehow you seem to be able to dwell in a state of sleeping and "not
noticing" all the rest

we survived the trip

and suddenly you are in Los
Angeles
it was the first time we were in the USA
it realy is DIFFEREND
not in
big ways but in small remarcable thinghs
the first thing we noticed was the
imens amounts of traffic
and all those small busses for the hotels, and
carparks etcetc
sooooooo many traffic
and soooooo big cars, driving monsters
on 4 or more wheels
big bigger bigest shining metal monsters
we did not see
any old cars
it was like a new presenting carshow

we took the ride to the
hotel
settled down and asked at the concierge were we could find a supermarket
BIG MISTAKE......
he said only 10 minutes around the corner a bit further
welll those 10 minutes became 45 minutes of walking  realllll walking
in skin
burning SUN and hot air
i felt like a vampire in the sun and  i was smimming
in my own underware...
that was the first time we noticed the "small distinct
" other way of seeing distances
at that point were were awake for 28 hours, to
give you a bit the feelling we had in our remainders of brain

we espacily go
first to see supermarkets when we arrive in other countrys
for us it is like a
"contempary museum of the living culture" or like "the ambasy of lifestyl"
what you see there is what you will get for the rest of the time beeing

so my
remarks are
were do you find non sugar containing yogurt and when i say non
sugar i do not want some kind of fake/synthetic sugar in it
like aspartaan or
what ever  we could not find any natural non sugartasty yogurt  IMPOSSIBLE
and
the more you see other products the more you notice that vertualy all is
sugary, sweetend, honny.........

where are those lovly hard baked cookies
biscuits and other delights?
it seems to be mostly half baked whatevers
i like
them crunchy

what the HELL happend whit chocolate in the USA
why does all
chocolate products taste like ....... well i can not decribe it
must be some
recycled wasteproduct of the pertochem industry
my god that is in the eys of
us belgiums (and swiss) like  blasfamy
""you shall not rape or violate the
taste of chocolate""

why does the fish smells like it came by "slow" animal
transport from Argentina.....

what is the difference between 1% fatfree milk
and 2% fatfree milk
and please do not tell me 1% difference

and i forgot a
lot of those little differences
they will come.....

so we bought our
selection of never tried before goods and headed back to the hotel
when we
arrived in the hotel we felt like yellifis
and went straight to bed

the next
morning we were a wake at 3.00  3.30  4.00 .....and at 5.00 in the morning the
2 of us were already fully awake
we coudl unfortunatly not shed off the
belgium timeline
i never had that big difference in time before  it is a real
bodyand mind killer
i still do not understand how longdistance flycrews can
cope whit it
its a wonder no more planecrash hapen .......
that fisrt day we
took a small bustrip
first stop  manhatten beach
to see the passific the one
ocean i had never seen before
it was nice
warm toooo hot again but nice from
the breese in the air
we stopped at the starbucks drink some coffees and
noticed again some very bizare usa-behavier
some not so skinny persons asked a
coffee whit lowfat milk BUT whit whipped cream on it....
yeaahhhhh like that
will work  1 -1 = 0
like eating negative weightwatchers poits.... lol