Thank you Adele!  I particularly appreciate your reference to linen clothing as
there as some very fine linen clothes out there.  Beautiful to wear &
launder--& they last for years.  Others are unsuitable for much of anything &
they don't last long even on delicate cycle!  So It seems that finely spun
linen thread is currently available for high-quality dressmaking.  I was just
hoping that there might be a discernible difference among thread brands for our
purposes.  Slubs are less egregious in 40/2 thread where the lace is more
robust, but from my perspective, they aren't welcome in 90/2 for finely
textured lace.  I won't name names, but the one I used is well known & not
cheap stuff.  Bummer.  Thanks again for the wake up call.  You can probably
tell that I use more cotton & silk thread.  ;-)   Still growling, Susan Hottle
USA

Sent from my iPad