Charles Fry wrote:
> All of your suggestions could also be implemented in centralized
> database, if desired.

Is that different from what I suggested?

> But the key management seems potentially unwieldy if you want every
> parent and every scout to be able to access the database.

I think that's a small price to pay for a central database without the
associated privacy risk.  The key only has to be copied once per
computer.  The desktop application could even provide a menu option or
dialog for exporting and importing keys.  It's true that keys should not
be sent by email, but we're talking about groups who meet in person
often anyway.

Shane