Justin R Findlay wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:32:44AM -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> The architecture I suggested would effectively turn the centralized
>> server into warehouse of small, practically unbreakable databases.
>
> I don't see the need for a centralized churchwide database.

We don't need a churchwide database, we only need a place for people to
put their databases so that others in the troop can access the database
even when the scoutmaster's computer is turned off.

Conceivably, any troop could store their database with a simple web
hosting account that allows uploads and downloads via FTP or SSH.

Shane