From: leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org [mailto:leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org] On
Behalf Of David Brennan
Sent: 16 September 2011 11:04
To: 'leedslist@gn.apc.org'
Subject: Re: [LU] nonLU: bored?

> Yes sir, sorry sir!
> Actually all this proved is that the current "Oh exams are getting
> easier than in our day" stance is bollox.

But they are getting easier.

I asked recently at a parent's night in my boy's high school when they start
differentiation and calculus, they said at A level. In my O level maths days
(1982) you learned both, and needed to understand them to get an O level.

Science is the same.  Half of the stuff I leant in chemistry and physics
they don't do these days until A level.

So where are they teaching the old A level curriculum?  University?

Btw, I only got 9 on the grammar school test.

But I'm from Yorkshire, so actually only know about tripe and whippets.

DRB