From: geoffbr...@juno.com [mailto:geoffbr...@juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 11:05 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] WorldVitalRecords.com

Bill,

I found worldvitalrecords.com helpful, particularly in finding references in
books.  Footnote.com was great for Census records and Civil War and
Revolutionary War records.

The LDS website is fantastic, but it is "buyer beware."  I say this as a lot
has not been properly documented.  All you need is one direct ancestor mistake
to lead you astray for generations.

Trust but verify.  Wear out the LDS site to get names and dates and then use an
on-line subscription to back it up with documentation.  My experience is that
both these sites, worldvitalrecords and footnote, will give you a seven day
trial run.  Schedule a week of vacation, kiss your wife goodbye, stay hydrated
and wear out your seven day trial.

Good luck!