On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM, William Boswell <whbosw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I never save anything to My Documents or My Pictures myself.  I put it on
> a separate hard drive where I can find it.  The only thing that gets saved
> to those two folders is what a program will put there.  I'm against putting
> my data on the C drive.  It's only good for people who don't have separate
> or partitioned drives.  MS likes to trash everybody's drive to slow down
> your system so you have to upgrade.
>
> Bill Boswell

Obviously, you consider yourself an expert on all things computer related.
Could you please stop using this forum to bash genealogy programs (you
commented that genealogy programs don't want you to move your data out of
their program so they make it nearly impossible to export (I'm
paraphrasing)), you bash Microsoft because in your paranoia you claim they
want to control and trash your data, etc.  You have practically said that
anybody who follows the norm(s) for installing a program doesn't really
know what they are doing.

This is supposed to be a list to help and support people in the operation
of Legacy.  It is not meant to be a forum to constantly tell people that in
your opinion you are the only one who really knows how to use a computer.

Ron Bernier
Woonsocket, RI