It seems that the scrolling grid is the only place where the highlight
occurs on the Children's View (apart from the Potential Problems list)

Yes it does matter (I do not care about pretty - I am purely about
practical) - if you right click on the person it only gives you the first
name of the child - I am looking at the RIN number. Sex, Birth Date and
Birth Place plus Death and Death Place - important information required
when checking records and I don't need to keep on putting the child into
the main screen to see those details - I want to see all of the names and
details at the same time - which was why I was asking if anyone else had
the problem or could it be changed.

For me the text underneath the highlight does not change colour - if I
could make it white that would help but I still haven't found a way to do
that either - and I have played around with changing the various colours
and fonts to make for easier reading.