Oh, I found it expedient to simply copy the "Color definitions (Do not
change)" node to myLeoSettings.leo and then change the colours as the
easiest way to get what I wanted. It makes it easy to change things
globally. It took me a bit to figure out where the solarized definitions
were coming from. :-)

Chris