I am seeing something similar to SegundoBob. I also tried it with a trivial
python script. To spell out the details:

(I run Kubuntu Linux)

Leo Log Window
Leo 6.7.2-devel, devel branch, build 4e9b1569de
2023-01-25 08:35:46 -0600
Python 3.10.6, PyQt version 5.15.3
linux

1) I make a node

    @clean {{g.app.homeDir}}{{sep}}tmp{{sep}}test_leo.py

2) the contents of that node are:

#! /bin/env python3

print("Hello Leo shell world")

3) I save my Leo file and get the .py file created (I checked)
4) when I have tree focus on that node and press the x-run-ext button, I
see in the log:

exception executing script
ValueError: 'bash' is not in list
only 6 lines
  line 214:
* line 215:     shell_index = words.index(shell_name)
  line 216:     term = words[shell_index - 1]
  line 217:     return term

This is with Leo invoked via a desktop shortcut

HTH, Jon N