Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 21/06/2016 21:12, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Pierre Labastie wrote:

The place where /tools/ is added before /lib is in 5.10, GCC Pass 2. it is
the long sequence of instructions starting with "for file in". Have you
pasted those instructions from the book, or did you recopy them by hand?
Make sure you have the line

----------------
sed -e 's@/lib\(64\)\?\(32\)\?/ld@/tools&@g'
----------------
right. If you have just the slightest typo, the files are not modified
(and there is no warning...).

Now that you mention it Pierre, I think the following would be better
because it is far easier to read and understand.

sed -e 's@/lib../ld@/tools&@g'

where the '.' matches any character.

Actually the only files that match are
gcc/config/rs6000/linux64.h
gcc/config/i386/linux64.h
gcc/config/tilegx/linux.h
gcc/config/mips/linux.h

For this construct, only the 2nd file above affects us.

For the 2nd expression, I can't find any file that would affect us (only
sparc and rs6000).
Hmm,

Not completely sure, but I think we need to be able to match /lib/ld (for
32 bit), which is not matched by /lib../ld.

We could use -r 's@/lib(..)?/ld@/tools&@g' to cover /lib/ld.

I prefer not using what 'man 7 regex' calls Obsolete ("basic") regular expressions. Otherwise there are too many backslashes that interfere with understanding what is going on. The equivalent in grep is using the -E option or egrep.

Actually, the regexp in the book is matched by many files
gcc/config/sparc/linux64.h
gcc/config/sparc/linux.h
gcc/config/rs6000/linux64.h
gcc/config/rs6000/sysv4.h
gcc/config/mn10300/linux.h
gcc/config/vax/linux.h
gcc/config/bfin/linux.h
gcc/config/s390/linux.h
gcc/config/mips/linux.h
gcc/config/xtensa/linux.h
gcc/config/i386/linux64.h
gcc/config/i386/linux.h
gcc/config/cris/linux.h
gcc/config/nios2/linux.h
gcc/config/m68k/linux.h
gcc/config/frv/linux.h
gcc/config/microblaze/linux.h
gcc/config/ia64/linux.h
gcc/config/tilepro/linux.h
gcc/config/m32r/linux.h
gcc/config/linux.h
gcc/config/tilegx/linux.h
gcc/config/sh/linux.h

We should be hesitant in changing instructions that have worked for so long, but the only files that should affect us are those that begin with gcc/config/i386/

The only files that have lib32 are:
gcc/config/mips/linux.h
gcc/config/tilegx/linux.h.

The ones that match lib64 are:
gcc/config/mips/linux.h
gcc/config/sparc/linux64.h
gcc/config/i386/linux64.h (one place)
gcc/config/rs6000/linux64.h

The find for sysv4.h should be irrelevant for us.

  -- Bruce

  -- Bruce