Re: seeking empirical evidence about ethics instruction

A recent publication at FSE attempted to evaluate the impact of the new ACM code of ethics on decision-making and found no evidence of an effect according to their methodology. You can read the paper here:

https://people.engr.ncsu.edu/ermurph3/papers/fse18nier.pdf

It’s worth asking whether this is the sort of structure a study of this nature should have. For example, this study doesn’t really address many (or any?) of the points Charles made earlier.

Best, Aaron