Citizenship for all of us comes with duties as well as rights. 

I think the first duty of any new immigrant is to be subjected to a background 
check and a health check that includes immunizations. 

It is also a duty to have a working knowledge of the English language and 
civics. If that were not so, why would we have schools that teach it from the 
age of six. So, there should be a commitment to learn English and civics. 

Finally, I think it is the duty of citizens not to be a burden on other 
citizens, so the cost of the whole process should be put on the immigrant and 
spread out over the first five years.  

I think that if you are to confirm that you are involved in the five year 
process toward citizenship, you should be paying income, social security, 
employment and other taxes. That means you cannot work under the table. 

If someone can pass all the checks, pay all the fees, contribute with taxes, be 
a responsible citizen, and remain crime free, what can the objection be? 
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the 
inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries. -- Winston 
Churchill

----- Original Message ----
From: Susan Hogarth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:40:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Libertarian] Re: Better news on the LP release front
On Jan 14, 2008 2:56 PM, chris fields <wastedwhiteguy6978@ yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I don't support illegal immigration because it's a bad idea from my
> perspective until the people of Mexico get an economy up to par with ours
> then open borders may (I said may) be a good idea. There may be other things
> to consider although I don't buy into the threat of terrorists at least not
> to the extent that it's being advertised by our government but there may be
> some people who are crazy enough to try something.

Earlier you wrote "I'm a Libertarian and I welcome LEGAL immigrants
but since I'm not racist I don't support illegal immigrants."

So you welcome legal immigrants, but don't think immigration (from
Mexico) should be legal?

I see.

-- 
Susan Hogarth
http://www.collieth ing.com




      
____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to