--- In [email protected], "omarkhyam1951" > If you live in the US, you already did and there is a record.
p) If I move to Rat's Breast MT, the citizens there automatically know my health record and "background" (whatever that means)? Or is it you believe I should carry a microchip which they can scan everywhere I go with all that info on it? What if I've never been to a doctor in my life and have no health record? >In fact, > there is a record of every felony you were convicted of and even the > ones you were only arrested for. p) In my case, no, but I'm not a standard case. But getting back to regular people. Why is that a good thing? All it does is force people to stay in crime because they can't get a regular job or otherwise adjust their life. Or to get pulled in under false suspicion and convicted wrongly, just because of past convictions. Revolving door. And the ones you were only arrested for? So you can be wrongly arrested, and still suffer consequences for it the rest of your life. Great. >In Nevada, it is a crime not to > register as a felon and I am okay with that. p) I'm not. If they are that dangerous, don't let them out. If they are not, enough with this registering business. >If you take away someone's > liberty by committing a rape, robbery, murder, et al, you deserve to > have your liberty taken away for life. p) Right, all felonies fall in that category. Do you have any idea what kind of bullshit people get felonies for, and how many people get wrongly convicted? > Who is this we you are refering to. p) Your first valid point. I shouldn't have said we. Lazy habit, which I have mostly rid myself of, but not quite. >Education up to 8th grade has been a > requirement for all of my lifetime and most citizens living. It included > learning English and civics. p) Before that, as you concede by saying MOST, it didn't. So, there's reason to hope that it won't once again. > What the rationale for handicapping immigrants by not knowing their > rights are or the linga franka of the county they are in,is I cannot > fathom. p) Quite the contrary. As an immigrant, I learned English. I think other immigrants should too. I believe they will have many incentives to, both in the present system and even more so in a more free system. All I said is that it ought not be a mandatory government requirement. If I can ever afford to move to a French-speaking Pacific Island, I don't want to be forced to learn Lingua Franca, although I may wish to for my own benefit. > Record checks. Immunization. Insuring they have learned English and > civics. p) Cheesus, not only do I have to submit to all this intrusive crap but I have to pay for it? You must have a property right to dictate my activities in such a manner (impose rules and charge rent). So, just to be clear: Do you believe the government has a legitimate collective property right in the whole country, including nominally private property of all people in this part of North America? > > p) income, socialist insecurity, employment and other taxes should not > > exist. The more people that can get away with not paying them, the > > more other people will try, until we get rid of them altogether > > belatedly. > You should live in a nation without those. p) Well, if depends on what you mean by nation. Yes, I should absolutely live without these. So should everyone else. >Of course, such nations do > not exist. If they did exist, they would not have roads, bridges, > electric power, flood control, vector control (rats and mosquitoes), > telephones, and all the rest of the things that require a work for the > common good. P) Ah yes. Because only the government can supply these things. If it currently enjoyed a forced monopoly on shoes, you would spin a tale that without it we would all go barefoot. > Excessive is always in the eye of the beholder. If you are a victim of > crime or disease, your attitude tends to change. p) Been there, done that. My attitude has changed, but not in the direction you would predict. -p
