Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:09:55 +0100
From: Philip Nienhuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 110CT Large Drives with EZ BIOS...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:34:35 -0600 (CST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would like to address Philip Nienhuis directly, but of course welcome any who can offer additional information on this.

Previously stated by Philip...
And additionally, you can also simply copy your complete Windows 98 SE installation using appropriate XCOPY options in a DOS window (that's how

Please take a second look: "In a DOS window", mind you. Obviously running Windows. You probably overlooked that one.

The same (at least, I guess it's the same) XCOPY you use in plain DOS, has quite some more options when used in a DOS window under Windows. At least, in my (original Toshiba-) Win98 version. I'd be surprised if it's different in Win98SE, as it also works in Win-ME (although ME has no plain DOS, at least not without hacks).

FYI, I use XCOPY <origin> <destination> /S /E /C /H
/C continues in case of errors - handy for swap files
/H copies hidden & system files

I usually back up my Win98 stuff) rather than use fancy software for that. Don't forget to make its partition "active".

The XCOPY which I have used extensively since it was included with DOS could not copy hidden or system files. The XCOPY version I have with Windows 98 states directly "Copies files (except hidden and system files) and directory trees."

Again, in plain DOS, yes. Try it in a Windows DOS prompt.

Philip