ok, Jorge told me on IRC that bind and surround are hard-coded

11:16 bobinator so,if <lift:helloWorld.howdy/> maps to Class
HelloWorld#howdy,i assume <lift:bind>and <lift:msgs> map to Class Bind
and Class Msgs, with some special sauce for the method?
11:15 jorgeortiz85 actually, all the directives could be implemented
as snippets
11:16 jorgeortiz85 the fact that they aren't is just legacy cruft
11:16 jorgeortiz85 lift:msgs does
11:16 jorgeortiz85 lift:bind is hard-coded