+1 Tim & Viktor.

Many people with this sort of background and Java web frameworks too
find difficult to accept that we don't do MVC. Also they find
difficult to accepts XML in Scala Snippets. When I presented Scala &
Lift at Transylvania JUG I got the same concerns ... "What? ... markup
in Scala code" ? ... I realized that snippets are very often
misunderstood. They are NOT "controllers" .. they are simple
constructs to allow dynamic markup to be injected in the template. Of
course one can abuse anything in any framework but this is besides the
point. Scala is not Java as Tim said and Scala + XML makes perfect
sense to me. Secondly people argue a lot having data models aware of
the representation of the view - such as a Field to know how to render
itself in a form etc. Personally I think that dumb objects holding
nothing but setter/getters/equals/hashcode just moves you away from
the OOP value. Having objects more context aware and hold the
knowledge on how to represent themselves makes a lot of sense to me,
and in practice I think this proved to be quite valuable. I accept
that many people think that MVC is the Holly Grail, but I don't
believe that ... and I think most people really using Lift don't
believe that either.

Br's,
Marius