Guys,

Im confused  - Scala is not Java. This my friends, is a very good
thing. You cant expect to start a language and be able to use all the
advanced features right away.... I doubt you were a meta-programming
ninja when learning ruby!

Getting back on topic, I read the original link and I admit, it made
me chuckle somewhat - the author kept referring to so-called "rails
bashing" and then quoted a performance benchmark statement as being
"rails bashing"; it is quite obviously a factual statement rather than
anything aggressive. When your a new framework, people want reasons to
entertain you and comparing against existing tools is the only way to
do this.

Regarding his comments on templating - perhaps its a personal
preference, but I cant help feeling that he slightly didnt get the
full picture as he only appears to have explored crudify rather than
the full binding possibilities.

Cheers, Tim