Because Lift's ad is so good. For example:

"Lift is the only new framework in the last four years to offer fresh
and innovative approaches to web development. It's not just some
incremental improvements over the status quo, it redefines the state
of the art. If you are a web developer, you should learn Lift. Even if
you don't wind up using it everyday, it will change the way you
approach web applications."

Lift can't be used without Scala. Is there a plan to implement Lift in
Clojure, for example? :D