Programming is not a simple task, that's why we haven't been replaced by
machines.

Scala is a _very_ powerful language, and it _is_ a challenge to harness that
power in addition to other languagues you have harnessed.

However, I do not feel that Scala has much non-explainable complexity, as is
the case of javas many-a boilerplate.

>From what I have seen, much of the barrier of going to Scala is that many
people assume that going Java -> Scala-y Java | Java-y Scala -> Ideomatic
Scala is the route to go.

But the problem there is that sample Scala code is never Java-y Scala, so
beginners get confused from not having learned about first-class functions
and their syntax.
(from my 2 years of Scala, what I've seen the pitfalls being)

--
Viktor Klang
| "A complex system that works is invariably
| found to have evolved from a simple system
| that worked." - John Gall

Blog: klangism.blogspot.com
Twttr: viktorklang
Code: github.com/viktorklang