I don't know if it is Maya (the exporter) or Director that does not work properly. From my experience it is most likely Director because i experience new bugs every day ...

I just want to excuse me for being so unfriendly to the macromedia team. Today I found the time to browse the list archive to find an answer for my texture problem in shockwave3d. Well I didn't find an answer but I found a very harsh and unfriendly discussion.

If I read my own comment again I find it not productive to solve the issue  but it
sounds like I want to continue the
flame war a couple of days ago. This is not the case. I just don't have the time to
monitor the list all the time and I
had not read the earlier postings. If I had done that my comment would have been
surely more moderate.
Especially if I read the statement of Tom Higgins.

I just want to say I don't dislike Director completely. Really. In fact I like a lot of things.
But the problem for us developers is that _if_ there is a problem we are left alone in the dark.
A lot of insulting comments (to speak for me at least) are caused by frustration because
there are situations you can't really do anything about. Your personal success is directly coupled with the quality of the underlying system (director).

I agree with Chuck Neal that the programmers are most times not the persons to blame.
Also all the help by the product support shouldn't be underestimated (Chin up Tom!)

But Director looks more and more like a semi-abandoned piece of software.
I think there are two possibilities:
- putting more effort(=money,developers,support) into director like flash gets
- or shutting it down and concentrating on a migration path to flash

It looks like the current situation doesn't help anybody really.
Ok just wanted to say that.

Five more days to project deadline
*sigh*

Lutz