And the impossibility to change the icon in the projector file (I think that changed in MX2004).

It's possible to change the projector Icon, even in director 8.5 or mx
Open the file named "Project32.skl" near director.exe, it's an icon library, simply change it before
running director, and then all you future projector will have new icons

You can also try to edit the icon when the projector is done, some software can do that
but it never worked for me (the projector were corrupted)

bye

Alexx