A comment about the thread of people advising someone who mistakenly
erased critical files in his Linux installation:

Can someone archive the thread, and show this to future whining clueless
newbies (together with Marc's Differential SCSI Cable), when they complain
that they get flames instead of help from the mailing list?

This is a good example of the civil and serious treatment which was
accorded to someone, who made a big and stupid mistake, but did not go
about it like a whining clueless newbie.
                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  I made the mistake of destroying the notes taken
during the very first get-together of the Linux-IL participants few years
ago, instead of transcribing them and publicizing them in the mailing
list.  Fortunately, there was a backup (I don't have the vaguest idea
where and how), and a meeting summary was publicized.