On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Nimrod Simba Carmi wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Saturday 29 December 2001 02:45, Uri Bruck wrote:
>
> > Let's see.
> > schoolsucks is a site that sells readymade homework essays, with links to
> > something called cheathouse.com, at some point during that thread you are
> > refering to, you stated, IIRC, that if a high tax bracket is a problem,
> > you have no problem paying "under the table" and you are wondering "what
> > the hell is wrong with that?"
>
> Heh, I was offering you a better payment option, nobody asked you to take it!

Some of us may not be very comfortable with being accessories to a crime
(or is it a felony?) - the people on this list are the ones who use the OS
you don't need to steal to get for free.

But then, I don't think I've seen before people who publically anounce
their intent to break the law - so at you least you provided me with some
amusement.

> And no, School Sucks does not sell readymade essays, it provides them for
> free. The differance is that teachers can browse them freely aswell, and
> someone else from your class might turn in the same paper.  Thats why we're
> just an info source and not a source for plagiarism.   Today's kids are
> smarter then you think ;)

You mean they have more elaborate ways of cheating? Turning in essays
without the benefit of having learned anything? Or that they know your BS
spin for what it is?

How is using your "info source" any different than writing a book report
after reading the jacket, or Duvshani? What kind of quality do these "info
sources" have? I took a look at that site just now.
Under "subjects" you list miscelaneaous ("shonot") as the first subject.
If it's the first subject then what is it "shonot" from?

Using this as an info source is not even kissing through a handkerchief,
it's kissing through a bloody wall.

Thanks,
Uri
http://translation.israel.net