Hey,

On Friday 28 December 2001 20:11, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> needing to find someone from Lithuania.
>
> Maybe I'm confused, but isn't this exactly what we told you will happen?

Not quite.  Most of you here just replied "with flames" if you wanna call it
that, and it took me three weeks just to calm everyone done so I will be able
to open my mailbox in the morning without finding there 20 messages of flame
from people here.  No one told me I will find good programmers in Lithuania
for cheap.
In fact, I dont see why is it wrong to do that, aint that what the internet
for?

> It's great that you're such a positive and sympathetic person ;)

I am, really :)

> Look: In Lithuania you can live like a king with a $14/hour salary, and
> there aren't many Hi-tech companies, so a programmer from there is likely
> to take you up on your offer.

Nadav,
You missed my entire point -- I'm not nagging about people asking for more,
all I want is that if someone doesnt wanna take my offer -- leave it, but
people here had to reply and flame about it because of their childish
ideology that they are open source elite developers and how dare I, a simple
webdeveloper even dare thinking someone would take a job for "free" like that?

> In Israel, on the other hand, $14/hour is an ok-good salary - equivalent to
> about 11,000 shekels a month - BUT ONLY IF YOU OFFER SOMEONE A FULL-TIME
> EMPLOYMENT. If you offered someone a full-time employment you would have
> also had to shell out money for pension, keren histalmut, vacation days,
> and all this kind of stuff. Did you do that? Probably not. Also, if you
> entire job only takes, say, 2 months, the person will be out of a job again
> in two months. He can't even hope to have a steady job for (say) a year.

Welcome to Free Lancing!
Whoever's into Free Lancing (and I was so I must know) should take a
"calculated risk" if you will, that he's gonna end up in a situation he might
need to take a smaller job,  over not having one at all.
But some people rather sit and wait a year for someone to offer 50$ an hour
instead of taking the 15$/hour  to have "something for now".

> So your job offer involved a not-high salary (relative to salaries usually
> paid in Israel to highly-educated or trained people),

*during the bubble time*

> no job security or
> employment horizon, no pension plan, not even an office. Great for an
> unemployed programmer who gave up on finding anything better, but not so
> great for anyone else.

See my paragraph Re: Welcome to Free Lancing!  :)