Hello,

I've followed the instructions of enabling PPPoE on Linux
as described at http://www.isoc.org.il/~doron/PPPoE.html
and it worked at first but now after a reboot it stopped.

I get multiple messages like "Timeout waiting for PADO packets"
and some "Timeout waiting for PADS packets". I tried configuraing
the modem back to the PPTP setup but the old PPTP doesn't work either
(gives same messages, but much less of them).

The modem is an ethernet SpeedTouch Home, debian unstable. ISP
is actcom. Kernel is 2.4.20 with mppe and preemptive patches.

I googled for the error message but it looks like people mostly
suspect the line or the ISP, not the setup. Also the PPTP broke
so I don't know where to proceed.

Any hints anyone?

Thanks,

--Amos