On Tuesday 09 December 2003 23:07, Dan Fruehauf wrote:
> Recently (actually today) i acquired a broadband cable connection through
> the new (and pretty tempting) deal of AZTV and 012.net.

> While writing this email, i didnt disconnect from 012, but i'm willing to,
> mainly because one of the comments i got from their support, translating to
> english it was something in the form of : "hey, if you disable DHCP access
> and move everybody to dialers and such, people not using windows will be
> unable to connect through you, it might be even 10% of your users"
> "we dont care, they are probably very few..."

Unfortunately I'm not surprised. when I first got an ISDN line (about 3 years
ago) I bought an account with 012.net. I still don't know why, but I could
never connect to them - after authentication all I got on the line was
errors.
Unfazed I called 012 tech support at which time they specifically told me, in
not so many words, that I can go look where the sun doesn't shine as they
don't support Linux, has no intention to support Linux, don't really care
about Linux users and I can forget about getting my money back and I still
owe them the next 2 months' fees as I signed a 3 month service commitment.

My conclusion after this was - never do business with 012. Other ISPs on my
"not getting any more money from me" list are:
* Barak - blamed me for stealling bandwidth after they disconnected my 2B ISDN
line which was running over a year w/o problems.
* Internet Zahav - have sucky tech support and specifically told me they only
provider support for windows users and only for web browsing problems when I
called with remote access problems. they also have a badly configured
transparent proxy.
* Netvision - unilaterally changed the pricing program for a friend of mine
(to the more expensive one of course), and I know for a fact that they tend
to do this often. for example - they offer an ADSL bundle in which they buy
the ADSL line which then belongs to them and they won't turn it over to the
client when she wants to move to another ISP.
* BezeqInt - part of the "Evil Empire from Hell(tm)". in the past I had
problems with their tech support but I'm told they are much better now.

--
Oded