On 10/10/07, Leonid Podolny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Previously, at my previous
> place of work, we worked with Subversion, and it was simply amazing --
> light, simple, yet powerful. (And infinitely cheaper, of course.)

I agree. I haven't worked with next-gen SCMs (git etc.) but Subversion, for
what it does, is fine.

The basic reasoning behind choosing ClearCase is simple -- the
> management needs someone to provide us with support and help us in
> case of technical difficulties.

You might be disappointed by IBM Israel quality of support for ClearCase. In
the army (obviously being a large customer with a good support contract) we
weren't satisfied.

IBM might be a large firm with impressive sales, but as far as ClearCase
support goes, they didn't deliver.

..how vastly superior SVN is, compared to any other
> offering.

Technically, this is not true. ClearCase is more sophisticated. In addition
to barebones SCM, it offers a development workflow (called "UCM")
integrating with their issue-tracking (ClearQuest), dynamic views, IDE
integration and some more features  -- but this comes at a price of very bad
performance. So still, all in all I recommend against ClearCase, no matter
what other SCM you chose.

As to your main question (SVN support), sorry but I have no pointers. Good
luck.