Quoting Gilad Ben-Yossef, from the post of Tue, 06 May:
> Ira Abramov wrote:
>
>> centos5. I recommended against it, the client insisted, now we are
>> seeing it's buggy as hell
>>
> I would say that claiming that CentOS5 is not a good development
> environment for a program that will deployed on CentOS 5 is a very bade
> advice.

of course the final build are going to be made on it, but the
environment itself is very lacking for developers. kdevelop keeps
crashing, what else can I say?

The R&D manager here decided to pick Tikal to manage the subversion and
all, we also got the tikal-eclipse tarball from sf.net. It seems to hate
the JDK 1.6, which means I'll have to probably keep an older JDK in
parallel to resolve this.

> I recommend your client look into Eclipse. Failing that, Try Visual
> Slick Edit.

Looking into Eclipse, but some people are annoyed by the process and
insist on MS DevStudio because it "Just Works"  (and I agree, it's silly
to pick IT standards this late in the R&D process, but that's a
different issue. the DevStudio is also useless when developing
GNU/Linux code, because of the lake of makefile support, if nothing
else.)

--
Still in character
Ira Abramov