On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 15:26 +0300, Ira Abramov wrote:
> Quoting Gilboa Davara, from the post of Wed, 07 May:
> > >
> > > - Gilboa
> > > [1] http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
>
> yup, that's the repo that supplies us with a really unstable kdevelop...

Have you reported the problem in the kde-redhat ML? Rex (the owner and
Fedora's KDE SIG manager) is -very- helpful.

> > P.S. as other have mentioned, if the machines are being used for
> > development and testing, CentOS should be OK.
>
> it's not, which is why this thread started.

I only use KDE 3.5.9 as a DE on my CentOS machines; So I can't really
comment on kdevelop stability.

> > If the machines are being used for production (servers, machines that
> > will end up in your client's hands, etc), get RHEL. Trust me, no-one
> > ever got fired for using RHEL.
>
> I would not place money on that, and RHEL=CentOS so it's actually what I
> was trying to do.

Yes and no.
But that's another discussion.

> I'll have to keep looking for a different IDE.

Unless you're locked to QT/KDE development you might want to try Anjuta.
([1], with a little bit of luck you should be able to rebuild the F8
SRPMs [2])

- Gilboa
[1] http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/
[2]