On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, William Kreuter wrote:

> Everything instantly starting working on /home.  I
> can now do a passwordless login, run X apps
> remotely (which previously were giving xauth locking
> errors), and, at least on a minute's examination, it
> appears fixed.

I don't know selinux either. But this sounds suspiciously like home
directories are being soft mounted at login. That would explain why
passwordless ssh logins fail (using the default authorized_keys location).

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.