On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, norseman wrote:

> I suspect all the RPM people got together and padded the count.

wow. Conspiracy theory. We love that right ;)

> The more I see and use of RPM the less I like it.
> It is a potential security risk.  Please don't go there.

RPM was selected by the people at www.linuxbase.org (LSB) as the standard
binary distribution format. These are knowledgeable people. If RPM were a
real security risk it wouldn't have been selected.

> speaking of adding things:
>       1) pre-compiles need to actually read a config file and accept
>               .emu extensions instead of ignoring them.

what do you mean here? $_emusys in dosemu.conf?

>       2) need to put himem and UMB back into operation. 1.1.99.1 reduced
>               available memory considerably. (canceled compress.exe use)

you'll have to elaborate on that. These two are active by default if you
use DOS=UMB,HIGH which is in the default config.sys.

MEM reports 628K (642,640 bytes) free, and 108K (110,224 bytes) free upper
memory in xdosemu.

Bart