On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 02:31:41PM +0200, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Luc Verhaegen <l...@skynet.be> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 04:55:15AM +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> >
> > So now there is a LICENSE file stating that the code in
> > https://github.com/allwinner-zh/media-codec is LGPL?
> >
> > So Allwinner believes that by sticking the LGPL on a _binary_ solves all
> > the problems? Just like it seems to believe that removing all binaries
> > from a kernel tree solves all problems with the GPL?
> >
> > Really?
> >
> > This is simply ridiculous.
> >

> This guy is so toxic. Apparently it's an attitude style to be
> permanently negative.
> You give him caviar and he complains that it's black.
> Or a VIN ROMANEE CONTI 1955 and he complains that it's too old.
>
> I do not know whether there will be more commits to that repo.
> Just in case there are, a typical person would refrain from making
> such comments.
>
> Simos

Simos,

I am corrosive and bitter, but perhaps i am not the toxic one here.

All we ever see you do is trash me. You have written no code, you have
not contributed to the wiki, you only now spend some time on irc to try
to clean up your image. You started calling for banishing me, while
trying to instigate a fork, almost as soon as you got here. And you try
to post about every little positive thing that allwinner does (while
allwinner ignores its hard legal responsibilities), to try to take
credit for them and to try artificially gain any form of standing here.

Perhaps you and Allwinner do not realize this. But linux-sunxi does not
need Allwinner, Allwinner needs linux-sunxi. What linux-sunxi requires
from Allwinner is a legal matter, and a pretty open and shut case at
that. Allwinner trying to make their mole a part of this community this
crudely or artificially, while so badly messing up the basics, that is
not only counterproductive, it is quite preposterous.

Stop trying to hollow out Allwinners hard legal requirements.

Luc Verhaegen.