Hi,

On Thursday, 05.04.2018 at 12:20, Andre Przywara wrote:
> > [1]
> > https://github.com/apritzel/linux/blob/f1827ce503ca19e6873847128f86849788cfc7db/arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-a64-olinuxino.dts
> >
> > For reference, I've uploaded a full dmesg of this kernel booting, here:
> > https://gist.github.com/mato/96bfaf3a99a824024c0f27e76d99bc63
>
> So something is explicitly turning this off:
> [ 1.820315] usb0-vbus: disabling
>
> Can you try to add "regulator-always-on;" to the reg_usb0_vbus node in
> the beginning of the .dts? That should leave it on for now, as a hack,
> just for confirmation.

That works, I get 5V on the USB-A, and the port appears to work with a
flash drive.

> But I just see that there seems to be a glaring mismatch between the PHY
> driver and the DT binding doc (and most .dts, actually):
> So can you please replace the last line in the olinuxino.dts:
>
> -     usb0_vbus-supply = <&reg_usb0_vbus>;
> +     usb0_vbus_power-supply = <&reg_usb0_vbus>;
>
> Then you should not need the regulator-always-on hack above.

This does not work, I still see the same "disabling" message in dmesg and
additionally lose most of the USB buses -- normally the kernel sees 5 buses
(2x 1.1 and 3x 2.0), with this change it only sees one of each.
Additionally, this change in combination with the regulator-always-on-hack
removes the "disabling" message, gives 5V power on both ports, but the
kernel does not see either of them.

> > root@olinuxino:/sys/class/gpio# echo 201 > export
> > -bash: echo: write error: Device or resource busy
>
> Yeah, this is now somewhat expected with the reg_usb0_vbus regulator,
> which snatches the GPIO. If the above doesn't work, try to disable or
> remove this node and try again.

Should I try this approach separately? Have not done so yet.

Cheers,

-mato