Hi,

On Monday, 19.03.2018 at 17:50, Martin Lucina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday, 19.03.2018 at 16:06, Andre Przywara wrote:
> > Can you add:
> >     dr_mode = "otg";
> > to the usb_otg node?
> > According to the generic binding doc this should be the default if not
> > specified, but the sunxi-musb driver requires this property, explicitly.
>
> That stops the error -22 and gives me a 5th BUS:
>
> [    1.774630] usb_phy_generic usb_phy_generic.0.auto: usb_phy_generic.0.auto
> supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
> [    1.785959] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: MUSB HDRC host driver
> [    1.791727] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned
> bus number 5
> [    1.800168] hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
> [    1.803955] hub 5-0:1.0: 1 port detected
>
> > And on the way, can you drop the usb0_vbus-supply property from the
> > usbphy node, to see if that makes a difference? Maybe the polarity of
> > the pin is messed up?
>
> Did that. Is this relevant? It was in the log both before and after this
> change:
>
> [    1.826143] usb0-vbus: disabling
>
> Unfortunately I can't actually test anything further right now as my
> (Olimex provided, pl2303) console cable has mysteriously (re-)started
> exhibiting the same behaviour as it did last week where the TX path had
> stopped working. Perhaps this is a cue to call it a day...

Tried a flash drive in the standard-size USB with these changes, nothing
shows up. Is there an easy way of testing the micro-USB (OTG?) port?
I'm guessing I can set it up as e.g. a NIC on the board side and plug it
into my laptop. Is there any danger in frying anything with these tests?
I'd rather not lose a port ...

-mato