Hi,

On 20/03/18 10:42, Martin Lucina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday, 19.03.2018 at 17:50, Martin Lucina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Monday, 19.03.2018 at 16:06, Andre Przywara wrote:
>>> Can you add:
>>>     dr_mode = "otg";
>>> to the usb_otg node?
>>> According to the generic binding doc this should be the default if not
>>> specified, but the sunxi-musb driver requires this property, explicitly.
>>
>> That stops the error -22 and gives me a 5th BUS:
>>
>> [    1.774630] usb_phy_generic usb_phy_generic.0.auto:
>> usb_phy_generic.0.auto supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
>> [    1.785959] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: MUSB HDRC host driver
>> [    1.791727] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned
>> bus number 5
>> [    1.800168] hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
>> [    1.803955] hub 5-0:1.0: 1 port detected
>>
>>> And on the way, can you drop the usb0_vbus-supply property from the
>>> usbphy node, to see if that makes a difference? Maybe the polarity of
>>> the pin is messed up?
>>
>> Did that. Is this relevant? It was in the log both before and after this
>> change:
>>
>> [    1.826143] usb0-vbus: disabling
>>
>> Unfortunately I can't actually test anything further right now as my
>> (Olimex provided, pl2303) console cable has mysteriously (re-)started
>> exhibiting the same behaviour as it did last week where the TX path had
>> stopped working. Perhaps this is a cue to call it a day...
>
> Tried a flash drive in the standard-size USB with these changes, nothing
> shows up. Is there an easy way of testing the micro-USB (OTG?) port?

Can you try to measure if there is 5V on the outer pins of the USB socket?

For testing I would use an USB-OTG adaptor, that kind of dongle like
cable with a micro-B plug on one end and an USB A socket on the other
(used with tablets and phones to connect normal USB peripherals). Then
use a normal flash drive. This avoids you setting up the USB OTG/device
stuff in Linux. You might want to use: dr_mode = "host"; in the DT in
this case.

> I'm guessing I can set it up as e.g. a NIC on the board side and plug it
> into my laptop. Is there any danger in frying anything with these tests?
> I'd rather not lose a port ...

Using USB device emulation is not really a good testing vehicle if you
don't know whether the hardware part works.

Cheers,
Andre.
medium. Thank you.