Andrew Errington wrote:
Have a drop-down list with the name of each town (saying 'Select your
nearest town').

The client expressed that they didn't want to make people select from a list.

A field for the site visitor to enter their name.  A
field for their email address, and a field for their message (or a preset
message containing the stock code of the item of interest).

The email that is sent to the branch will contain the stock code for the item of interest.

The website then sends the message directly to the branch and they deal
with it.  Holding on to data on the site itself will lead to trouble.  Oh,
and no-one will come back and 'clear down' their enquiry within 24 hours.

We have found problems with mail going to xtra.co.nz. 25 of the clients branches use xtra.

I also want to be able to generate stats.

And what does "Enquire now" actually mean?  We know the price, we know the
location of the stockists.  We can email them or phone them independently
of the site, so...

That is a valid point.

Look at the current site at www.babyonthemove.co.nz and you'll see that we don't have pricing. It will be interesting to see if the enquiries go down once we start putting pricing on.

We are not putting pricing on for rentals.

Cheers Don
--
Don Gould
1/31 Acheson Ave, Shirley, Christchurch, New Zealand