Hi,

I'm trying to work out using Ubuntu on my notebook (an older Panasonic
toughbook cf-r1).

It mostly goes except the display sometimes has issues.

Icons often become fuzzy scratches instead of nice pictures.

Fonts, especially in firefox, start to become blobby and run into each
and eventually unreadable.

I've installed the windows fonts package (can't recall actual name) but
that didn't help.

I thought maybe a driver for video card may need a tweak of something?

Device manager says it is using a display controller by Intel with
chipset 92930 CGC - but that doesn't really help me.

I looked in xorg.conf but that holds no info (just has some default
lines) so not sure where this video related stuff is stored.

My reference book suggested running 'displayconfig-gtk' but that has
been dropped from 9.04.

Can anyone suggest a possible solution for my problem?

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg
  IT Department
  Harness Racing New Zealand Inc.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm