There is nothing wrong with the display when booted to windows xp, only
issues are under Ubuntu.

>Does the problem exist if you use an external monitor?   I think this
>needs a silly wee VGA dongle - hope you still have it!

Finally found dongle - the problem is exhibited on external monitor as
well.

>Easy answer is you give me your toughbook

Nice try :)  - even though it's a bit gutless it just keeps on going,
and it has been dropped from table height a number of times (thanks to
small humans and dogs and dangling cables). Besides which it belongs to
my employer, not me...

I was trying various things today to see if it was overheating related
(running it at 100%cpu for a couple of hours) and I noticed the problem
appears if the screen gets blanked from inactivity - when reactivated
the icons seem to have problems. I tried to turn off blanking of display
in power management but it still blanks after some time - but that is
not a solution anyway, as the screen being able to be blanked is good on
a notebook.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Regards,
 Bryce Stenberg.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm