On Sat, Aug 05, 2023 at 01:16:20PM -0400, J C Nash wrote:

[snip]

> Ms. Robinson has indicated that NCF has some interest in the following:
>
> - engaging with Linux-Ottawa participants in discussions to help NCF
>   select email software as Zimbra is going to become proprietary. NCF would
>   prefer open source, but needs a solution well-suited to very non-tech
>   users.

[snip]

I was a volunteer at Vancouver Community Network a long time ago. One of the
projets I worked on was implementing Sympa to replace I don't remember what
asxxx the mailing list software. It was chosen because of it's
internationalisation and because of it's ease of use. VCN served individuals
and non-profits for the very large part having zero technical inclination and
from a large number of cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Neither listmaster
nor subscriber need know any command line kungfu. Everything about managing
lists and subscriptions can be done through a web interface.

I wasn't an sysadmin of sympa, but a listmaster with All The Powers, so I could
learn the web interface to help VCN clients with the new software (both admins
and subscribers) and to help them migrate their archives. So, I have no
experience with the sysadmin side of sympa or any other list manager to be able
to offer useful comparisons of it's ease to maintain. I put it forward,
nevertheless, as a system to consider for NCF, as I believe the ease of use
requirement is checked off.

--
Znoteer
znot...@mailbox.org