I am also trying to get Sympa to work for Linux-Gatineau, but I am only at the point of proof-of-concept. Again, if I can help on the sysadmin of other technical nature, please let me know.

JFM

On 2023-08-05 14:29, Znoteer wrote:
On Sat, Aug 05, 2023 at 01:16:20PM -0400, J C Nash wrote:

[snip]

Ms. Robinson has indicated that NCF has some interest in the following:

- engaging with Linux-Ottawa participants in discussions to help NCF
select email software as Zimbra is going to become proprietary. NCF would prefer open source, but needs a solution well-suited to very non-tech
  users.

[snip]

I was a volunteer at Vancouver Community Network a long time ago. One
of the projets I worked on was implementing Sympa to replace I don't
remember what asxxx the mailing list software. It was chosen because
of it's internationalisation and because of it's ease of use. VCN
served individuals and non-profits for the very large part having zero
technical inclination and from a large number of cultural and
linguistic backgrounds. Neither listmaster nor subscriber need know
any command line kungfu. Everything about managing lists and
subscriptions can be done through a web interface.

I wasn't an sysadmin of sympa, but a listmaster with All The Powers,
so I could learn the web interface to help VCN clients with the new
software (both admins and subscribers) and to help them migrate their
archives. So, I have no experience with the sysadmin side of sympa or
any other list manager to be able to offer useful comparisons of it's
ease to maintain. I put it forward, nevertheless, as a system to
consider for NCF, as I believe the ease of use requirement is checked
off.

To get help send a blank message to linux+h...@linux-ottawa.org