On Sat, 5 Aug 2023 13:16:20 -0400
J C Nash <profjcn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> - engaging with Linux-Ottawa participants in discussions to help NCF
>    select email software as Zimbra is going to become proprietary.
> NCF would prefer open source, but needs a solution well-suited to
> very non-tech users.

I assume by this they mean SMTP/IMAP/POP3 software and not mailing
list software?  I can't imaging people would have difficulty with
Postfix as the MTA, Dovecot or Cyrus IMAP as the IMAP server, and some
decent webmail package like Roundcube as the Webmail setup... at
least, not any more difficulty than they'd likely have with Zimbra.

IMO, the weak link is calendaring.  I'm not sure if Zimbra offers this,
but open-source solutions tend to be weak in this area.

Regards,

Dianne.

To get help send a blank message to linux+h...@linux-ottawa.org