> I am well-aware of Olivier’s work in this area, as are many in the FreeBSD
> community.

> There is no proof, except that which is documented and reproducible.  We're
> doing something like science here.

Hmm, proof. Well, maybe a scientist like yourself can appreciate my concern
over this direct quote from the BSD Router Project, of which you are so
well-aware:

"Intel Rangeley: Atom C2758 (8 cores) at 2.4GHz"

"Embedded Intel i354 4-port gigabit Ethernet"

"8Gb of RAM"

"Debugging slow throughput in progress…"

"With the default value of igb(4) drivers that use all 8 cores, this system is
not able to received more than 585Kpps (far from the gigabit line-rate
1.488Mpps) on one port ?!?!"

"Last modified: 2014/03/13 20:16 by olivier"

As I said in my original post, I'm know the C2758 is capable according to its
specs, however buyer beware...