On 2015-Mar-04, at 2:08 PM, Jim Thompson <j...@netgate.com> wrote:

>> On Mar 4, 2015, at 2:02 PM, Bryan D. <pfse...@derman.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2015-Mar-04, at 6:20 AM, compdoc <comp...@hotrodpc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For me, what happens after enabling or disabling those settings are
>>> immediately apparent.
>>
>> I guess my approach w.r.t. a mailing list has always been that I'd like to
>> help others avoid spending time learning something I can help with.  As such
>> (paraphrasing) "try it and you'll see" isn't a response I'd give.  Of
>> course, in absence of finding the answer in the documentation or via Mr.
>> Google, we can always set up a test system and investigate (given the
>> ominous warnings, I wouldn't have done so on a production system) ... but
>> then why have the list?
>
> You’re aware that I work for Netgate, right?

Well ... yes, but that item was in response to the posting by
comp...@hotrodpc.com.

More importantly, when I see "Jim Thompson" I immediately think "ah,
expert-level response follows" -- and you always seem to come from the
understanding that many of us don't "breath 'n eat networking."  I sincerely
appreciate (and learn from) such list/forum/blog/etc. postings.

OTOH, I admit that I've sort o' lumped Netgate with pfSense, assuming little
separation ... which, I'm guessing is not the right way to think of things.  As
a low-priority item, it'd be nice to see a statement about this relationship
(which may already exist, but I was unable to coax it out of Mr. Google --
maybe I just don't know the "magic phrase").

>> On 2015-Mar-04, at 7:17 AM, Jim Thompson <j...@netgate.com> wrote:
>>
>> So your effort can be of maximum benefit, I've submitted a slightly
>> edited/formatted version of this to be included in the WiKi's applicable
>> pfSense documentation page.
>
> I’m sure the pfSense guys will enjoy that.

... and, hopefully, others.