On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 1:26 PM, DV <iam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Jim Thompson <j...@netgate.com> wrote:
>>
>> In case it’s not clear by now, these settings are all *disabled* by
>> default in pfSense.
>
> I am pretty sure that I haven't changed these settings in my various
> production pfsense devices, but they all have "Disable hardware checksum
> offload" unchecked/disabled which is actually *enabled* isn't it?

The description of what's enabled/disabled got confused from Jim's
earlier post I think. LRO and TSO are both disabled by default,
hardware checksum offloading is enabled by default. Leave things at
defaults if it's working. Occasionally you might hit a driver or NIC
issue with hardware checksum offloading and have to disable it, but
you'll know if that's the case. Things are very slow if they function
at all in those problem scenarios.